- The Micro is a microcontroller board based on the Atmega32u4, developed in conjunction with Adafruit.
- It contains everything needed to support the microcontroller; simply connect it to a computer with a micro USB cable to get started.
- It has a form factor that enables it to be easily placed on a breadboard.
- The Micro is similar to the Leonardo in that the ATmega32u4 has built-in USB communication, eliminating the need for a secondary processor.
- This allows the Micro to appear to a connected computer as a mouse and keyboard, in addition to a virtual (CDC) serial / COM port.
ATmega32U4 running at 5V/16MHz
Supported under Arduino IDE v1.0.1
Recommend power supply for board: 6-7V, less than 9V
On-Board micro-USB connector for programming
4 x 10-bit ADC pins, 12 x Digital I/Os
Rx and Tx Hardware Serial Connections
Connected to computer.
Opened Arduino IDE and loaded Blink sketch.
Set board to Leonardo and selected the appropriate COM port (It showed up in the list already identified as a Leonardo).
Connected an LED to pin 9 and modified the sketch accordingly.
Hit upload and within a few seconds having a blinking LED.
3 x Arduino Pro Mini ATmega32U4 Module