- The AD9833 is a low power, programmable waveform generator capable of producing sine, triangular, and square wave outputs. Waveform generation is required in various types of sensing, actuation, and time domain reflectometry (TDR) applications. The output frequency and phase are software programmable, allowing easy tuning. No external components are needed.
- The frequency registers are 28 bits wide: with a 25 MHz clock rate, resolution of 0.1 Hz can be achieved; with a 1 MHz clock rate, the AD9833 can be tuned to 0.004 Hz resolution. The AD9833 has a standard serial interface that allows the part to interface directly with several microprocessors. The device uses an external serial clock to write the data or control information into the device.
- The AD9833WBRMZ-REEL model is available with controlled manufacturing to support the quality and reliability requirements of automotive applications. Note that this automotive model may have specifications that differ from the commercial models; therefore, designers should review the Specifications section of this data sheet carefully.
- Only the automotive grade product shown is available for use in automotive applications. Contact your local Analog Devices account representative for specific product ordering information and to obtain the specific Automotive Reliability reports for these models.
- The AD9833 is written to via a 3-wire serial interface. This serial interface operates at clock rates up to 40 MHz and is compatible with DSP and microcontroller standards. The device operates with a power supply from 2.3 V to 5.5 V. The AD9833 has a power-down function (SLEEP). This allows sections of the device that are not being used to be powered down, thus minimizing the current consumption of the part, e.g., the DAC can be powered down when a clock output is being generated.
Digitally programmable frequency and phase.
12.65 mW power consumption at 3V.
0 MHz to 12.5 MHz output frequency range.
28-bit resolution: 0.1 Hz at 25 MHz reference clock.
Sinusoidal, triangular, and square wave outputs.
2.3 V to 5.5 V power supply.
No external components required.
3-wire SPI interface.
Operating temperature is -40 ° C to 105 ° C; typical specifications are at 25 ° C.
Update frequency: 25 (max)
VOUT Maximum: 0.65 V
VOUT Minimum: 38mV
VOUT Temperature Coefficient: 200 °
High Voltage input: 1.7-2.8 V
Low Voltage input: 0.5-0.7 V
Input current: 10μm A
Input capacity: 3pF
Board Size: 18.6 × 13.3 × 2.7 mm
1 x Signal Generator Module