- The MCP4725 is an I2C controlled Digital-to-Analog converter (DAC). A DAC allows you to send analog signal, such as a sine wave, from a digital source, such as the I2C interface on the Arduino microcontroller.
- Digital to analog converters are great for sound generation, musical instruments, and many other creative projects.
- This version of the MCP4725 Breakout fixes a few issues with the board including the IC footprint, the I2C pinout, changes the overall board dimensions to better fit your projects, and a few more minor tweaks.
- This board breaks out each pin you will need to access and use the MCP4725 including GND and Signal OUT pins for connecting to an oscilloscope or any other device you need to hook up to the board. Also on board are SCL, SDA, VCC, and another GND for your basic I2C pinout.
- Additionally, if you are looking to have more than one MCP4725 on a bus, the pull-up resistors on this board can be disabled.
MCP4725 is low power consumption and high precision of the single channel 12 buffer voltage output digital to analog converter, with EEPROM.
Users can use the I2C interface command write the DAC input and configuration data into EEPROM, to achieve the digital analog conversion function.
I2C Interface (Standard, Fast, and High-Speed supported)
2.7V to 5.5V supply
Internal EEPROM to store settings
VCC GND: POWER Input
SDA SCL: I2C interface
Board Size: 13 x 11.7mm
1 x MCP4725 DAC Module